Join Our TROOP

Scout-age boys (10-17*) are welcome to visit any of our Troop meetings, preferably with one or both parents.  A leader will be happy to talk to you and answer your questions.  

*Any boy 11 to 17 years old can join Boy Scouts.  A 10-year-old can join if he has completed the fifth grade or has earned the Cub Scout Arrow of Light badge (even if the badge has not been formally awarded).   (Note: To earn the Arrow of Light, a Cub Scout must have been active for six months after completing the fourth grade or after becoming 10 years old.  This means that most Cub Scouts in Folsom Public Schools who complete their Arrow of Light requirments can join Boy Scouts around the end of November during fifth grade.)

If you would like to have someone contact you about how to join Troop 134 or if you have any questions, please click here and send us your contact information.  Someone from the Troop will get back to you as soon as possible.

Before joining a troop, a Scout-age boy should visit a troop meeting or other troop activity to meet the Scouts and adult leaders, observe how the troop operates and learn about the troop’s activities. Ideally, he should visit more than one troop in his area and discuss with his parents which troop is the best fit for him and his family. 

Troop 134 generally has troop meetings on the 1st, 3rd, and any 5th Tuesdays of the month from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. at the Journey Church Fellowship Hall, 450 Blue Ravine Road near Folsom Middle School. 


A Scout-age boy can join Troop 134 by giving us a BSA Youth Application and a Supplemental Information Form, and paying Troop dues.  

Troop dues are $108 a year, which includes the required BSA fee, Troop dues, a subscription to Boys Life, and a tax-deductible contribution of $36 to Friends of Scouting (FOS).  

The FOS contribution should be paid by a separate check made out to "Friends of Scouting."  The remaining amounts should be paid by a check made out to "Troop 134, B.S.A."

Boys Life magazine and the FOS contribution are recommended but not required. The required BSA fee is either a $1 transfer fee (if transferring from Cub Scouts or another troop) or a $24 yearly registration fee per Scout.  

These amounts can be prorated by month for Scouts joining after January.  (Monthly amounts:  $2 for registration, $3 for dues, $1 for Boys Life, and $3 for FOS, for a total of $9 a month.)    Scouts and adults who join in October or later should pay the prorated amounts for the current year plus the dues for the next year.  

After receiving the application and fees, the Scoutmaster or Assistant will sign the temporary Scout card on the application form and give the card to the Scout.